Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces the appearance of signs of aging.
Note: Based on recommendation from our customers, this formula is now offered in a tube format for easier dispensing.
This product is a water-free suspension of 23% L-Ascorbic Acid powder.
Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large. Please click here for this guide.
Note: The format of this formula is a suspension of very fine L-Ascorbic Acid powder and, as such, provides the most direct exposure of extremely high concentrations of Vitamin C topically. With such format, there are 2 important things to consider:
- A very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation is expected during the first 1-2 weeks of use until the skin’s tolerance to such high exposure is elevated. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference.
- The powder exposure to the skin disallows the formula to feel like a serum, lotion or cream and each application requires a few seconds to feel absorbed by the skin. This formula feels gritty for a few seconds after application. If you prefer to avoid this gritty feel, we suggest our Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone.
Alternative products on the market offer suspensions of Vitamin C in water-free formulations in heavier silicone bases to avoid the “powdery” feel of the suspension. These formulations do keep the Vitamin C stable but they are almost always offered in heavier silicone bases that interfere with efficient exposure of the entire Vitamin C content to the skin (the silicone entraps the Vitamin C). Our formula avoids the use of silicones and offers complete and direct exposure of the entire powder content to the skin, maximizing topical delivery. If you prefer a lighter silicone base instead for a smoother skin feel, we suggest our Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone.
- Apply a small amount to face in the AM or the PM (PM preferred).
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- A tingling sensation can be expected after application.
- If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference.
- If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised.
- Keep out of reach of children.